Friday, September 02, 2005

Live from South Africa

I am here in Johannesburg at the University of Witwatersrand. It is a beautiful place and the Unyazi Festival is spectacular. I did a clinic/performance for the percussion and composition students here and had a blast. They have a traditional marimba ensemble that played for me. It was amazing. I was able to get a little video with my digicam so that I can share it with my friends back home. I gave a presentation on both derabucca and marimba. I am happy to report that they have a Malletech here so I felt right at home.

This morning we did a soundcheck for our concert tonight. It looks as if everything is set. The sound engineers are great and the equipment is top notch.

There is quite a lot to be amazed by at the festival, but I will have to save the details for my return. I am at an internet cafe right now and there are others waiting to use the computers.

Have a great day,
Blake

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hey

Glad to know all is well. Hit me up when you get home. JLA