Wednesday, October 26, 2005

And back again

I'm back from the Payton MacDonald Ensemble concert in New Jersey. The concert was quite a success. We have started doing ensemble versions of Payton's SuperMarimba pieces, complete with looping pedals for the flute, violin and viola. We also made some demo recordings to help publicize the ensemble a little better. I'm lucky to be playing with such an amazing ensemble. Payton, John, Courtney and Jessica are incredibly talented and creative musicians, and playing with them always inspires me.

Still suffering from a little jetlag. It's a little after 2:00 in the morning and I am wide awake. I'm going to go watch a really boring infomercial and try to fall asleep.

I'll be busy this week teaching makeup lessons and practicing for the PASIC performance, but I'll try to get some China pictures up in the next day or two. Here's a self portrait of me at the Forbidden City to hold you over until then. Click to enlarge.


Looks like they're getting ready for a softball game. Yellow team vs. the Red and Blue team. I must have left before it started.

No comments: