Saturday, October 08, 2005

Another week

Another busy week! The Percussion Ensemble concert on Thursday night went very well. There was a good crowd and the students did a great job. We premiered a new work by Andrew R. Stout and the crowd loved it. We'll do it one more time on our November 10th concert. I also did a preview performance of the piece I wrote for Spindrift Percussion. I was really happy with how it turned out. A few final touches and I think that it will be ready for the premiere.

The Conway Symphony is sounding great and the concert on Tuesday night should be excellent. Mozart and Pictures at an Exhibition.

I've also been trying to get ready for the China trip and the Payton MacDonald Ensemble concert the following weekend. It seems like there's always plenty of new (and old) music to practice.

I watched The Office "reunion special" last night. Like the original two seasons of the BBC episodes, it was amazing. Ricky Gervais is brilliant. Rent or buy both seasons and the special and watch them. Part II of the reunion is probably the best series finale I've ever seen (well, Newhart was great, but in a different way). Don't miss the special features on the reunion disc. Hilarious stuff.

No comments: