Friday, November 18, 2005

"Self Portraits" from China

Here we are at the Forbidden City. The earpiece is an audio tour device. OUr guidebook said that the audio tour was narrated by Roger Moore (James Bond). I thought it would be funny to be guided through the Forbidden City by 007. Much to m disappointment, it has been recently revised and is now narrated by a nice Chinese woman who obviously has no License to Kill.


Here we are at the Temple of Heaven. ou can see it in the background. The view was not as spectacular as hoped because it is undergoing restoration for the Beijing Olympics in 2008.


Here I am backstage with Halim


Me and my friend Tuyen Tonnu. She is an incredible pianist.


Me with my friend David Badagnani. He is Halim's archivist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe I am eating a fresh yellow date, something supplied by our Conservatory student helpers, and which I'd never tried before.