Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Exciting finds

An exciting trip to Wax N Facts in Atlanta, the place to get your music both analog and digital. Not only did I get "Stuff: Live in New York" featuring Mr. Steve Gadd on the drums (on vinyl) but I also finally scored the Temirkanov/NewYork Phil. recording of Scheherazade (on CD) with Chris Lamb powering up the snare. I can't wait to listen to both of them.

Liana comes back in from Boston today (Hooray!). I'll be picking her up at the airport this afternoon after a late lunck with Myron. Then tonight, it's off to the Mellow Mushroom for pizza and trivia. Our trivia team, The Skyrockets, took first place when we were here six months ago. The pressure is on for a repeat performance tonight.

George Rochberg died yesterday. If you don't know his music, try to check some out soon.

I'll be heading back to Arkansas friday morning after a final visitation blitz around the metro Atlanta area.

Maybe no posts until I return.

Blake

No comments: