Sunday, May 29, 2005

Baseball

I have been on a baseball kick for the past 24 hours. Last night I went to a parking lot here in Atlanta where the Atlanta Crackers stadium used to be. The Crackers were Atlanta's team until the Braves arrived. My dad had told me that he and my grandfather used to go there to see the games. When I was there last night I called my dad and told him where I was. The excitement in his voice and all the memories he shared with me were reallly great to hear. I walked around a little bit. It was really cool to think that my dad and my grandfather had so many great times together in the same place over 50 years ago. Here's a picture of what it looked like then


and here's what it looked like last night.



Today I went to a Braves game at Turner field. The crowd was probably a little smaller than usual due to the on again, off again rain, but they still got the whole game in. It was my first visit to Turner Field. When I was young I went to the games at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium. A parking lot now sits where that stadium used to be. The new stadium is incredible. It has a great open feeling and even the cheap seats feel close to the action. Here's the view that 8 bucks will buy you.


By the way...
Braves Win!

Oh...for those of you that can't live without another "self-portrait" (I'm talking to you, Liana) here's me at the game today.


Later,
Blake

No comments: