Thursday, May 19, 2005

12:01 AM March 19 - Revenge of the Sith

Liana and I made the trip from Arkansas to Atlanta to meet up with our friends to see the 12:01 show of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. We arrived about 7:30 PM to get in line. There were already about a couple of hundred people in front of us, but with 2700 hunderd seats available at the theatre (all sold out) we were in pretty good shape. The line grew quickly after we arrived. Scotty was coming in from Charlotte and got stuck in some rough traffic, but made it by 9:00. Doors opened at 10:00 so we had some time to smuggle Scotty into the line with us. Wayne and Susan were there as well along with plenty of Myron's friends from Turner (Special SHOUT OUT to Angie and Susan). We had a plan, moved quickly, and easily secured the perfect seats. Then, another two hours to wait.

Overall, I was very happy with the movie. The romantic scenes were as unbearable as ever, but the battle scenes were incredible and the pacing was much better than in Episodes I or II. Much of the movie was exhausting and emotionally draining (in a good way). Once I recover I'm sure I'll see it again and again.

Pics coming soon!

No comments: