Saturday, May 28, 2005

It's me, it's me, it's Ernest T.

As a little kid I watched way to much TV (or so I'm told), including a lot of reruns on Channel 17 in Atlanta (now known to cable viewers at TBS). I watched Andy Griffith and Green Acres every night and still know many of the episodes by heart. With the Andy Griffith show, the episodes featuring a character named Ernest T. Bass have always stood out in my memory. The man who played the role died earlier this week. His name was Howard Morris. I still use two lines of his way too much in my everyday life..."I ain't no creach-ture!" and "No coffee, tea or punch, thank you." If you don't know those lines, they probably don't seem all that funny. Trust me, when Howard Morris said them it was genius. The New York times obit is here,
and you can go here to relive Ernest T's greatest moments.

More recently, Eddie Albert passed away. You probably know him as Oliver Douglas on Green Acres, but he did so much more. His New York Times obit is here.
I wanted to mention them and send out a thank you. Just thinking about thier performances still makes me laugh and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

Blake

No comments: