Thursday, July 14, 2005

South Africa is a GO

I just booked my ticket and I am very excited to report that I will be performing at the NewMusicSA - Unyazi 2005 Festival in Johannesburg, South Africa. I'll be performing with Halim El-Dabh, doing some live versions of his early electronic works. We've done them a few times before, both here and in Egpypt, and I can't wait to play with him again in South Africa.

Liana and I have both been invited to Beijing in October to perform an entire concert of Halim's music. That one should be confirmed in the next couple of weeks. That will be followed by my performance of one of Halim's derabucca solos at PASIC in Columbus, Ohio. I am really excited to have these opportunities and I'm really happy that Halim's music is being studied and performed more and more all over the world.

More later,
Blake

No comments: