Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Stones

I watched the Rolling Stones Superbowl halftime show tonight. I thought it was great, although many at the party disagreed. I love that those guys are out there with no botox and no microdermabrasion (is that how you spell that?) still performing like they mean it after all these years. And here's to Charlie Watts! His technique sometimes puzzles me, and I admit I do a double take everytime I see those black dot heads. And he really loves crashing that china cymbal. But, by golly, he sounds pretty good. I also like that he never pushes too hard to try and match the intensity of what's going on in front of him. He lays back and keeps it real. Those guys are a pretty interesting team and I don't think I know enough about them. I think I'll try to find a good book about the band.

No comments: