Friday, September 21, 2007

Mad Tambourine Skills

After reviewing the recording I am happy to report that there were plenty of great close-ups of Chris Lamb and his fellow percussionists on the Live from Lincoln Center broadcast Tuesday night. It was kind of strange to hear a complete performance of Carnival Overture. I'm afraid I've become used to fast-forwarding through the piece (to teach or practice the excerpts) and I didn't relize how long it had been since I had actually heard it from beginning to end.

By the way, I am now more convinced than ever that Chris Lamb is a robot....a musical robot. Just like that kid (Harry) in Spellbound. (I mean that in a good way for both Chris and Harry)

If you didn't see it, you should find someone who might have a copy. It is worth watching. The concert, that is. But, Spellbound is definitely worth watching, too.

No comments: