Thursday, September 20, 2007

A nice way to spend a Tuesday evening

Liana and I headed into Little Rock on Tuesday night to see Wilco. They were at Robinson Center Music Hall, where I had just played the Arkansas Symphony concert this past weekend.

If you had been me, this is how Wilco would have looked to you.


Or maybe like this...

What I can't get close to on the blog is a description of how incredible they sounded. They played for about two hours and proved to me that a band can sound absolutely great live. I think the key is having great musicians who understand how to play as an ensemble. that's not as common as it should be, unfortunately.

At 30 bucks a ticket (plus outrageous Ticketmaster fees), it has to be one of the best concert values out there today. The whole group was astounding, but as a percussionist it was a special treat to hear and see Glenn Kotche play live. Head over to Wilco World to check them out.

No comments: